Spoiler alert: This post could seem narcissistic.
My cousin has always been one of the inspirations to write a blog. Her blog has a ’50 things about me’ post, where she beautifully enlists 50 wonderful things that she could come up about her and things around her. So here I am, inspired by that and trying something similar.
So, here goes my list:
- I have 14 brothers, 7 big ones and 7 younger ones ( all cousins, of course).
- I have almost 27 nail shades stacked up from the last 6 months and I’m really proud. (Haven’t tried half of them yet).
- Every time somebody asks me what my name means, the first thing that comes to my mind is that it’s a kind of rice. (Strange)
- I haven’t been to any metropolitan city, other than Chennai, in my entire life.
- I have been in a share auto that carried 10 passengers. (Hard times)
- I have been with my sister for almost 5000 days now. (Whoa!)
- I haven’t cooked more than three or four times, in my entire life. (Surely not proud)
- My sister has made my life way way better. (Ms.Drama, don’t become all proud now)
- I have worn jean only once, in my entire life.(Hmm..)
- I have never been put on an IV line. Yeah, I’ve been a healthy kid all the while. (Proud of all the greens shoved down my throat all these years.)
- I’m highly allergic to cats, crowds, travel, late-night-phone-calls, cricket and marriage.
- I feel uncomfortable in a local train, unless I’m in the ladies compartment.
- I get intimidated by guys who drink. Ironically, I’m ok with the smell of petrol and cigarettes.
- I hate change and I get attached way too easily. (Not proud)
- I hate the pep+ and streak versions of TVS Scooty. Hate ’em hate ’em hate ’em!
- I’ve cried for weeks together because I didn’t make it to one of the burden-vending schools in my 11th grade. Missed by 5 marks. (Sounds stupid, I know)
- I love doing grocery shopping with my mom.
- I hate ice creams of all types. (Sometimes I can’t even stand watching ppl eat it)
- I hate the idea of food – the very idea that one needs to eat, to survive. How dumb.
- I have this weird habit of getting into uncontrollable giggles when something very bad happens around me. (Shame)
- I never put on makeup. They have a dangerously ugly effect on me. (Yucky yuck)
- I love the summers more than monsoons. (Chennai da)
- I’m very choosy when it comes to liking chocolates.
- I’m usually intolerant to any one who tries to tag along with someone close to me. (Others call it possessiveness)
- Horoscopes interest me.
- I watch YouTube more than TV. (Don’t think I discover new stuff, I just watch the same videos again and again)
- I love people who make efforts to strike a conversation.
- I love Ireland and the Irish culture. (So damn much)
- A messy room freaks the hell out of me. For me to be at ease, the place has to be tidy.
- I don’t usually continue doing things with the same enthusiasm with which I start them. Why else would I have so many unfinished online courses?
That’s enough for now. I’m starting to get a little shy writing down things about myself.